Taking a break

I am currently feeling really disheartened and disappointed in the reaction of many libraries to the situation with Koha and the proprietary Liblime fork.

So I am stepping back, I am not going to comment on it, and try to not even think about it for the next month or so. I feel I have said my piece, and feel like I have not been listened to, which is fine, but it signals that there is little point continuing.

So I wish you all a merry whatever you celebrate, and a happy new year. I’ll get to bugfixing and coding :)

Posted on December 13, 2009 at 9:42 am by Chris · Permalink
In: Koha · Tagged with: , ,

5 Responses

1. Written by Paul Poulain
    on December 13, 2009 at 10:34 am

Happy new year Chris, (some days too early… we have almost 15 days for hacking !!! )
    I’m sure 2010 will be a great year for all of us.

What seems an evidence to me is that we have warned about the consequences, so we made our job.
    I have no doubts that the future will prove we are right. But sometimes being right is not enough, time is needed.

cheers

2. Written by Brenda Chawner
    on December 14, 2009 at 8:09 am

Chris, I agree with you that the lack of understanding is very depressing, and it shows how far we still have to go to get librarians (particularly library managers) to understand the issues.

I agree that there’s not point in commenting any more–but I hope that a bit more time (and experience) will make a difference.

Keep up the good work!

3. Written by Andy Chilton
    on December 14, 2009 at 9:45 am

Hey Chris,

Yeah, take a break and concentrate on what you truly believe and are passionate about. Don’t let it worry you what other people do :)

And more importantly …

Have a great time and lots of fun hacking on Koha!

4. Written by What I Learned Today… » Blog Archive » Explain the Silence to Me
    on December 17, 2009 at 2:39 am

[…] stand seeing my colleagues – such nice people – being walked all over. Unlike my good friend Chris, I can’t step back – I can’t take a break – I won’t go the way of my […]

5. Written by Ben
    on December 18, 2009 at 6:48 am

Happy holidays to you and your family!