Kohacon12 – My Highlights
To be honest, I could just write Everything! and that would be correct. But I will try to write up a few highlights of Kohacon12 for me.
- I counted 18 countries represented, and I probably missed some : England, Scotland, Ireland, USA, New Zealand, Australia, France, Germany, Croatia, Nigeria, Zambia, Portugal, Switzerland, Greece, Belgium, Sweden, Italy, Netherlands.
- All the presentations were great, my personal favourite was Marcel de Rooy talking about SRU and Koha
- 252 kittens saved at the hackfest, with even some people not present participating.
- Norrie “Tago” MacIver performing for us, as well as the whisky, port and teacakes.
- Meeting lots of people I have only talked to online, as well as catching up with old friends
- The venue, what a beautiful venue .. and oh my .. what great nachos they had available.
- Our hosts – they were utterly fantastic, no problems were encountered that weren’t overcome with aplomb.
- And of course, the ‘hallway’ track (all the conversations when presentations weren’t happening) was fantastic as always. Evenings in the pub(s), chatting over dinner(s), watching France vs England with the great people from Biblibre .. all tons of fun.