Today I had the great fortune of attending the first New Zealand Koha users group meeting, in the birthplace of Koha, Horowhenua. There were 51 attendees and even road closures and snow didn’t stop people attending. There was a really good mix of Library types, I think 18 from Publics, 18 from specials, and the rest schools, corporate and academic.
It was run as unconference so the first task of the day was to decide what would be talked about the rest of the day. The programme that we came up with was
- The community – How to get involved and make the most
- Installation/Migration/Training and Why should we use Koha
- Features – what’s there, and what would we like added
- Serials, Acquisitions, Cataloguing
- Managing digital resources