Next up was Iro Sotiriadou talking about another migration story. This time from Horizon to Koha.
In 2000 the library installed Horizon, they had around 6500 records at that time. Around 2015 they started creating new library branches and expanding their collection. Also the high maintenance fees for Horizon and the financial crisis in Greece put pressure on the system.
So in September 2015 they installed Koha, they used the migration to do a heavy weeding process and data cleansing.
- Step 1 – MARC fields usage stats in Horizon
- Step 2 – Decide what fields to transfer to Koha
- Step 3 – Change encoding to UTF8
- Step 4 – Export bib and authority records, convert and merge them
- Step 5 – Check and recheck
After migration, lots more checking and training
- Bilingual option
- What is the audience option in advanced search?