Following in the same vein we had Sonia Bouis talking about the French users group Kohala.
She talked about the history of the association, the initial aim was a place where users and developers could talk together. They chose an association so it had a legal standing in France.
- 6 Board members
- 45 institutions / 14 people
- Paid membership
- French speaking mailing list – 500 subscriptions and 50 new subscriptions/year
- A website
- Symposium : each year since 2010, for new and experienced users.
- Translate Koha into French
- Translate the documentation into French
- 2 Presentation days, demo for non users and information about the new release for current users
- Training, 2 sessions/year technical and functional training
- Representation at library conferences
- Funding, financing journeys for the hackfest
- Promotion – Not only a user group but they want to promote Koha and support FOSS