And here we go! We’re just on our journey to get this campaign running and already we’re doing so well! I have been flattered and feel very honored to already have so much support and love from some very kind and generous donors – most of which whom want to be anonymous. Even those who can’t contribute financially have been amazingly supportive and curious about the art and the ideas.
To those of you who have donated already, a huge hug filled with fluffy clouds, fuzzy kittens and rainbows! To everyone reading this, I challenge you to share this site, or to talk about these projects with one person today. Please spread the word! Have conversations! Lets move mountatins together!
I’d like to share what was on my mind from my sketchbook a month or so ago. Here’s my list of
The Top 10 Things Life Lessons as an Artist
10. You use gel medium to fix a run in your pantyhose.
9. You haven’t slept properly since you were 7.
8. You refer to old magazines as “photo reference” and death comes to anyone who tries to pitch them out before you can get your hands on them.
7. You can do wonders with an old shower curtain, 3 nails, an old tube of ochre paint and a styrofoam meat tray.
6. You learn to smile when people say “Oh…. you’re an artist? But what do you REALLY do? I just LOVE Thomas Kinkade!”
5. Every article of clothing you own has a small handprint in paint or glitter somewhere on it.
4. You use an xacto knife to cut sandwiches and apples for the kids lunchboxes in a pinch when all the silverware is in the running dishwasher.
3. Upon meeting someone you’re not afraid to say “You have an amazing philtrum, Can I draw it?”
2. It is possible (though not advised) to live for periods of time eating only ramen noodles, cereal and caffeinated products.
1. You come to realize that whether you like it or not, you have both the blessing and the curse. You are an artist.
Thanks all – will keep updating on our journey!